Chief Consumer Security Evangelist brings innovative point-of-view to leading Internet of Things conference in July.
Norwalk, CT—May 2, 2016— TMC and Crossfire Media announced Gary Davis, Chief Consumer Security Evangelist at Intel Security will present a keynote address at IoT Evolution Expo, being held July 11-14, 2016 at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas, Nevada. IoT Evolution is the leading educational and networking forum for the IoT ecosystem and for any company looking to understand how to develop and implement IoT solutions that drive measurable results and business transformation. The event will feature a robust exhibit floor, powerful keynotes, case studies, live demos, unique sessions, special events, networking opportunities and much more. Davis will deliver his keynote on Wednesday, July 13th at 11:30 AM.
“It’s an honor to be invited to speak at the IoT Evolution Expo,” said Gary Davis. “Our digital lives are changing quickly – and enabling more benefits for consumers and businesses – with the rise of IoT and the introduction of 5G. As with all technology transformations, industry is best positioned to address any new security challenges in order to fully unlock the vast potential of a better connected world.”
Davis’ session discusses security as a foundation for the IoT. It will cover security challenges that will be presented by an increase in connected devices and discuss how the industry [and Intel] is poised to address such challenges including:
- Adding 5G and other connectivity for billions of new devices is critical to unleash the vast potential of the IoT. As with other technology evolutions, it also is likely to present new security challenges for industry. For example, currently ransomware may lock consumers out of their PC or smartphone. As technology evolves, how should industry address the potential that ransomware may lock consumers out of their house or car? Additional use cases will address how industry is best positioned to meet these new security challenges brought on by multiplying the number of connected devices.
- Providing effective data security solutions which help protect against using increased data transfer speeds to hide large file transfers potentially containing malicious code.
- Mitigating the risk of security breaches involving 5G technology, including breaches affecting remote surgery and driverless cars, to help protect lives and promote public safety.
- Developing security strategies which promote trust in IoT technologies.
“At a time when the cyber security press sounds like "the sky is falling" or "the end of the world is nigh", it is a pleasure to have a voice of reason speak about IoT Security,” said Carl Ford, CEO, Crossfire Media, executive director of content, IoT Evolution. “The complexity of IoT systems and managing as businesses modify what they have and networks expand where they reach does require planning and monitoring. I am delighted we have the benefit of Gary Davis from Intel guide us through the security threats to the security solutions.”
IoT Evolution Expo is supported by Super sponsor, AT&T; Diamond sponsor, KORE; Platinum sponsor, Eurotech; and Gold sponsor, Ingenu.
Registration for IoT Evolution Expo is now open. For more information, contact Frank Coppola at 203-852-6800 x131. For media registration, contact Jessica Seabrook. Companies interested in exhibiting, sponsorship or advertising packages should contact Matthew Gleeson at 203.852.6800 ext. 145.
For the latest IoT Evolution Expo news, updates and information follow the event on Twitter at @IoTEvolution.
Global buyers rely on TMC’s content-driven marketplaces to make purchase decisions and navigate markets. This presents branding, thought leadership and lead generation opportunities for vendors/sellers.
- Unique, turnkey Online Communities boost search results, establish market validation, elevate brands and thought leadership, while minimizing ad-blocking.
- Custom Lead Programs uncover sales opportunities and build databases.
- In-Person and Online Events boost brands, enhance thought leadership and generate leads.
- Publications, Display Advertising and Newsletters bolster brand reputations.
- Custom Content provides expertly ghost-crafted blogs, press releases, articles and marketing collateral to help with SEO, branding, and overall marketing efforts.
- Comprehensive Event and Road Show Management Services help companies meet potential clients and generate leads face-to-face.
For more information about TMC and to learn how we can help you reach your marketing goals, please visit www.tmcnet.com.
About Crossfire Media
Crossfire Media is an integrated marketing company with a core focus on future trends in technology. We service communities of interest with conferences, tradeshows, webinars and newsletters. Crossfire Media has a partnership with Technology Marketing Corporation (TMC) to produce events and websites related to disruptive technologies. Crossfire Media is a division of Crossfire Consulting, a full service Information Technology company based in New York.
Media and Analyst Contact:
Edited by Ken Briodagh